Pathfinder Campaign: Castles of the Inner Sea
Whether they are knights of chivalrous causes or nobles scheming nefarious designs, the movers and shakers of Golarion need strongholds to host their forces and to serve as a headquarters for launching their various plots and goals. Perhaps no strongholds are more suited to this challenge than the mortar-and-stone castles, keeps, and fortresses that dot the world, whether they are entrenched on grassy baileys or built into the sides of sheer mountain ranges.
Castles of the Inner Sea provides a thorough exploration of six different castles set throughout the Inner Sea region of the Pathfinder campaign setting. Detailed descriptions of the castles examine their histories as well as their most important features and structures, breathing life into fully realized maps of the castle grounds. Rundowns of castle denizens and stat blocks for key NPCs give players reasons to fear the dangers of these soaring fortifications, and a sample adventure location for each castle makes it easy for Game Masters to drop castle encounters into any game.
Famous and infamous castles explored in this 64-page book include:
• Castle Everstand, a magically created bastion of heroic knights that protects Lastwall from endless tides of rampaging orcs.
• Castle Kronquist, the haunted keep of a vampirc conqueror and his legion of ancient undead abominations.
• The Cloud Castle of the Storm King, an elusive, soaring structure inhabited by a tempestuous clan of cloud giant wanderers.
• Citadel Vriad, the infamous fortress of Varisia’s Hellknights, a grim edifice from which the lawless never return.
• Highhelm, an unbreechable mountain fortress that holds the capital of an entire dwarven nation.
• Icerift Castle, ruins chilled by arctic cold and a tragedy that endlessly hungers for mortal life.