Talking Brazilian: A Brazilian Portuguese Pronunciation Workbook
Talking Brazilian is a complete course in the pronunciation of Brazilian Portuguese, especially designed with the needs of English-speaking students in mind. The book with its two companion CDs includes explanations of all sounds of Portuguese. Talking Brazilian can be used independently by students seeking to improve their pronunciation skills. It is also ideally suited for classroom use by students at any level of language proficiency.
Talking Brazilian is an essential tool for gaining full command of Brazilian Portuguese pronunciation. The program offers:
- Illustrated textbook with dialogues
- 2 audio CDs of all the dialogues and practice with pronunciation
- Four main types of exercises: Isolated Words, Sentences, Minimal Pairs, and Dialogues
- Numerous exercises using isolated words and sentences
- Instructions for independent learners and classroom students
- Lessons designed for students at ANY level of language proficiency
Mário A. Perini is associate professor of linguistics at Pontifíca Universidade Católica, Minas Gerais, Brazil. He has taught linguistics and Portuguese at major Brazilian universities for more than thirty years and as visiting professor has taught Portuguese as a foreign language at several universities in the United States.
Pub Date: 2003
Size: 9.75 x 7.00 inches
We Also Recommend
The Geek Handbook 2.0: More Practical Skills and Advice for the Likeable Modern Geek